Working with uncertainty and ambiguity is part of the creative process. The arts therefore may be an ideal area of training in a world of indeterminate or confusing signals.
- Dynamics in art are often held together with a visual logic that lends organization to the creative process.
- Managing elusive aspects of art and unraveling its complexity involves discernment, differentiation and judgement.
- Planning, problem-solving and decision-making are some types of critical thinking used in design development.
- Probing creative works for their structure and organization can stimulate mental activity and imagination, cultivate fresh insight and generate inventive solutions.
- Discussing art based on its design properties and visual language can encourage association through abstract thought.
- Coordinating connections among the design systems used in creating art focuses on a unified whole and holistic mindset.